by Michael R. Stevenson
Before we start the designing of your web site, you should ask yourself a few questions. Why? Because first you need a strategic plan and then we will design your web site accordingly.
- Who is your target audience?
- What is your most wanted response?
- What products and/or services will you offer?
- Will you sell affiliate products and/or services?
- What type of design will you use?
- Will you design your site or hire a professional?
- How will your site be navigated?
- How will your site be optimized?
- What type of graphics will your site use?
- Where will you obtain your graphics?
- What graphic formats will you use?
- What fonts will you use?
- How will you design your site for different screen sizes?
- How will you design your site for different web browsers?
- How will you optimize your pages for the Search Engines?
- How will you make your web pages load quickly?
- What type of content will your site offer?
- Where will the content come from?
- How will you gain your visitors' trust?
- How will you build your credibility?
- Will you write your own sales copy or hire a copywriter?
- How will you accept payment through your site?
- How will you process your orders?
- How will you deliver your products or services?
- How will you collect your customers' information and store it within a database?
- How will you automate portions of your business?
- Where will you find the scripts you need?
- Will you need to hire a professional to write your scripts?
- Will you edit and install your own scripts or hire a professional?
- What kind of computer software will you need?
- Where will you find the software?
- How will you decide on a domain name?
- How will you register a domain name?
- How will you host your web site?
- How will you upload your files to your server?
- Should your files be uploaded in binary or ASCII mode?
- What should you look for in a quality web host?
- Will you publish an ezine?
- How will you collect email addresses?
- How will you send out mailings?
- How will you drive traffic to your web site?
- How will you advertise your products and services?
- How will you test your advertising?
- Will you offer an affiliate program?
- How will you run your affiliate program?
- How will you market and promote your web site, products and/or services?
From the questions above: eliminate the questions that would not pertain to the type of site you want to have.
You don't want to sell affiliate products or services? Then bypass these questions.
After you've planned your strategy it's time to plan your design. Guess what? More questions!!
- What colors will you use?
- What type of font?
- What size of font?
After you have answered the questions listed above, we can really begin your web site. E-Mail your answers to Stevenson Enterprises.
Web Design by
Michael R. Stevenson of Stevenson Enterprises